Wednesday, May 24, 2006

American Idol

I haven't yet blogged on the topic, although my family loves the show and we watch it, dare I say, religiously. I wanted to get my two cents in before they announced a winner. Since the final 24 were selected I have rooted for three contestants, Taylor Hicks, Mandissa and Chris Daughtry.

Taylor - I love his style and his voice, he just seems to be having a lot of fun. Count me as a member of the "Soul Patrol!"

Mandissa - A talented BBW with a real love for the Lord. I can't help but believe that her openness about her faith cost her with some voters. If the contest was based on pure talent she would be the winner.

Chris Daughtry - A have a soft heart for real rockers who have talent. This is why I rooted for Bo and Constantine last year. No one was more shocked than Chris when he was cut a few weeks ago. I thought for sure it would be a Taylor-Chris finale.

Nothing against Katharine (she is very talented) but Taylor is just too unique.

No comments: