One of the reasons I started this blog is so that I would have a way to share my sermons with others beyond the confines of my local church in Wasco. Over the next few months I hope to be able to post various sermon series.
I am going to start with a series I did on “The Lord’s Prayer” from Luke 11:1-13. This series was a smaller part of a larger series of expository sermons on the gospel of Luke.
No one receives a greater blessing from a good Bible sermon than the preacher does. After all, if he has done his job then he has spent hours studying, reading and researching the material. What is shared in the sermon has first and foremost traveled through his mind to his heart to his will. In other words, before it has ever been preached, the sermon has affected the preacher intellectually, emotionally and volitionally. This is my desire for you as you read these sermons.
One other thing. There is a saying that says that there is nothing original in preaching. While not entirely accurate, it is true that beyond the role that the Holy Spirit plays in illumination, preachers are also assisted in their understanding of the Scriptures by scholars and other preachers who have spent years seeking to understand the text. That being the case, I have tried to give credit to others, where credit is due.
Jim
1 comment:
Looking forward to your messages!
Post a Comment