Sunday, September 10, 2006

Been Busy

Posting has been light over the last week because we have been very busy. This was Rose Festival week in Wasco and we had a lot going on. First, my daughter was a contestant in the Rose Queen pageant. It has been a great experience for Alysse, but it has taken up a lot of our time and energy (especially my wife and daughter's). Then we had the Rose Parade along with the Arts and Crafts Fair in the park, which took up Friday evening and the entire day yesterday. In addition, my son Aaron came home from college for the weekend with four of his new friends!

In one of my first posts on this blog, I wrote about why I love the Rose Festival weekend, and you can read the original post here. This year of course was special because of Alysse's participation in the pageant. The parade was great, it really is Americana. I took pictures of the parade so that I could share them with you. I hope you enjoy them.

The Crowd gets ready for the parade.

The parade always begins with this large American Flag.

The Color Guard

You won't see this kind of float in the other Rose Parade!

2 comments:

N. Lee "Leezy" Weeks said...

What a great parade!! I feel like I was there, and I finally got to see the bottom of Alysse's dress!!! The dress is just beautiful, and so is she.
Thanks for sharing the parade! Glad Aaron made it home so soon!
"M"

Jim Wheeler said...

Thanks for the kind comments. I wanted the pictures to give you a flavor of the parade, it sounds like you got a taste!