#100 - Deacon Blues - Steely Dan
#99 - Hollywood Nights - Bob Seger and the Silver Bullet Band
#98 - We're Alone - Rita Coolidge
#97 - The Name of the Game - ABBA
#96 - Ebony Eyes - Bob Welch
#95 - I Can't Stand the Rain - Eruption
#94 - Turn To Stone - Electric Light Orchestra
#93 - Don't Look Back - Boston
#92 - Flashlight - Parliament
#91 - Native New Yorker - Odyssey
There were four songs on the 100-91 list that I couldn't recall. In my defense, all but one were disco songs so that explains my unfamiliarity with the titles.
I love Steely Dan, and Deacon Blues has always been my favorite of their hits.
"They call Alabama the Crimson Tide, call me Deacon Blues"
Bob Seger had a number of hits in the mid to late 70s. I have his greatest hits CD on my ipod and listen to it all of the time.
Rita Coolidge wasn't my cup of tea when I was in High School, but I like this song.
ABBA, what can you say? They were a hit machine. Sweden's gift to pop music. And...yes they are easy on the eyes.
And speaking of eyes...introducing Bob Welch. Ebony Eyes and Sentimental Lady are probably his two best known songs. A little known fact: Welch was an early member of Fleetwood Mac.
This one of the four songs that I didn't remember...if this video doesn't typify 1978, I don't know what would. I can't stand the rain...
ELO...Jeff Lynne...gotta love that hair!
I remember when Boston released their first album how blown away we were by the music. Everyone couldn't wait for their second album, unfortunately, it took two years for it to be released. This is their title song from that second album.
I didn't listen to Funk when I was in high school, so Parliament was not on my Radar. This is not my favorite funk song, but it is good. I love the bass part on the song.
Native New Yorker is another disco song that sort of typifies the "pop" music of that era.
So there they are...the first ten songs. What do you think? Which ones are your favorites?
No comments:
Post a Comment