My mom over at leezy's slice of life blog has commented on the recent Ann Coulter interview at beliefnet.com.
Rather than go through the interview question by question and respond to Ann Coulter's comments, I am just going to link to the interview and then a discussion that followed over at the thinklings blog. The Redeemer Church referenced in that discussion is Redeemer Presbyterian Church in NYC.
Why does Ann Coulter elicit the kind of response she gets, like the one from my mom? I have said before that most liberals are not used to having conservatives speak the harsh realities of truth to them, as Ann Coulter does. I have to admit that I usually cringe when I hear her speak, but I secretly admire they way that she can "tell it like it is."
Unfortunately, because of her style and because she has become the issue, her effectiveness has been diminished. Anything she says is really just preaching to the choir. I think that is sad because as an intelligent and articulate woman, she has some very important things to say.
2 comments:
The discussion on Thinklings blog was very good!! A lot of pros a lot of cons but some good thinking in all the comments. I am afraid I was so angry when I posted the One step too far, that I came across more like a third grader trying to hit back than someone who felt like they had something important to say. My opinion is the same, I could have said it better. I haven't posted since, because I am still angry, but working on it. Thanks for the Thinklings discussion link, I see others had some of the same thoughts that I did. They were just nicer and more adult like at delivering them. I like that blog by the way, never saw it before.
:)
"M"
Glad you liked the link and the discussion. Did you participate?
Post a Comment