Thursday, August 03, 2006

Ned Lamont vs Joe Lieberman

I think what is happening to Joe Lieberman in Connecticut is outrageous. Six years ago the Dems loved him enough to make him the Vice-President. Now, they are ready and willing to throw him under the bus.

I disagree with Lieberman on almost everything, but I do believe he is one of the most consistently principled Democrats in Government.

Ned Lamont's campaign should remember that those who live by the left-wing blogosphere shall die by the left-wing blogosphere.

2 comments:

AS said...

Leon Panetta and Bill Clinton argued the same thing - Democrats should ignore his stands on issues critical to America and vote for Lieberman just because he has a "D" next to his name.

However, I wouldn't say that the Democrats "loved him enough" to nominate him; Al Gore picked him to distance himself from Clinton's fly. Four years later he didn't have enough "Joementum" to carry...anything, really. Saying that the Democrats "loved" him is not really accurate.

Jim Wheeler said...

as, repack, thanks for stopping by.

as, if you noticed I said that the dems "loved him enough to make him VP" I recognize that not everyone was thrilled with the choice. Maybe "love" wasn't the best choice of words.

If Gore / Lieberman would have won (the electoral college) do you think he would be advocating anything different today? He may have subjugated his personal opinion to that of President Gore's, but somehow I don't think it (his opinion) would have been any different. I do agree with your analysis of why Gore picked Lieberman.

repack, I disagree with you that the invasion of Iraq had nothing to do with 9/11. If we rid the world of dictators like Hussein, the chances of another 9/11 go down.