Tuesday, May 22, 2012

Classic Rush Vol. 3

This is one of my favorite Rush videos, it really captures the unique look and sound that was Rush in the 70s (when many of us became their fans). If you have seen the DVD Rush: Beyond the Lighted Stage you'll see that the power trio is made up of three pretty normal guys...three very talented but normal guys. This song has a wonderful sound musically and is lyrically interesting.  

Start a new chapter, I find what I'm after
It's changing every day
The change of a season is enough of a reason
To want to get away

Quiet and pensive, my thoughts apprehensive
The hours drift away
Leaving my homeland, playing a lone hand
My life begins today

Fly by night away from here
Change my life again
Fly by night, goodbye my dear
My ship isn't coming and I just can't pretend
My ship isn't coming and I just can't pretend

No comments: