I am always amused by studies that discover differences between men and women. While the study mentioned in
this article says that both men and woman want to find someone with a sense of humor, this means different things to men and women.
Studies of attraction show that women find a man more attractive and
desirable when he is funny than when he is not. But, studies suggest
that men value a sense of humor, but do not find a woman more attractive
or desirable when she is funny.
I personally think that women who can be funny are very attractive, but hey, I may be weird. To me, there's nothing more appealing than a quirky sense of humor. But, I digress! The authors of the study try to explain the contradiction through the way that men and women define a "good sense of humor."
When women say that they want a man with a good sense of humor, they
generally mean that they want someone who will both make them laugh and
will laugh at their jokes. In contrast, when men say that they want a
woman with a good sense of humor, they mean primarily that they want
someone who will laugh at their jokes.
I don't know why that last line makes me smile, but it does. Men, we are so vain! Speaking from my own personal experience, I know the fastest way to my heart is through your laugh. I am a sucker for a cute laugh...so, go ahead, laugh at my jokes, please...
No comments:
Post a Comment