I was recently challenged on Facebook to post the 10 albums that influenced my musical taste. The idea is that you are to post one album cover a day with no explanations, no reviews, just the cover. Of course, that's not really fair. How can you post an album cover without explaining why the music was so influential to you? Since I can't explain it on Facebook, I can explain it here, after all, it is MY blog!!!
So how is it that this album influenced my musical tastes?
I am not exactly sure why I was attracted to BTO. Maybe it was that Not Fragile was one of the first albums I owned. Yes, you have that right, it was an album. VINYL. I used to go to sleep every night listening to my collection of albums. And this album was always the first one to drop. I know, I know, Not Fragile and Sledgehammer are not your typical fall asleep songs. But I always enjoyed them.
There is really not a bad song on the whole album. From the title track, to Sledgehammer, to You Ain't Seen Nothing Yet, to Roll on Down the Highway, to Second Hand, to the instrumental Free Wheelin'. Every song has a unique sound. You don't believe me? Listen for yourself.
No comments:
Post a Comment