I was recently challenged on Facebook to post the 10 albums that influenced my musical taste. The idea is that you are to post one album cover a day with no explanations, no reviews, just the cover. Of course, that's not really fair. How can you post an album cover without explaining why the music was so influential to you? Since I can't explain it on Facebook, I can explain it here, after all, it is MY blog!!!
Check out his discography, you won't regret it!
So how is it that this album influenced my musical tastes?
Wow! An album that contained virtuous lyrics and themes...and it rocked! I remember the first time I heard this album (okay, at this point it was a cassette tape). I was with my friend Dave Smith (who at the time was the Youth Pastor at Puente Baptist Temple). We were driving somewhere and he put the cassette in his car player and out blasted:
Evil on the left side finds you in the middle.
Everybody's waitin', what you gonna do?
Are you gonna fight it a lot or just a little?
A minute is the difference and it's up to you.
Well, I only wanna do what's right,
I only wanna do what's right for you,
I only wanna do what's right,
For you I only wanna do-do-do-do-do what's right.
Never gonna get a sweeter invitation.
Are you gonna stay or will you run away?
Everybody knows you by your conversation.
They've given you the floor, what you gonna say?
Well, I only wanna do what's right,
I only wanna do what's right for you,
I only wanna do what's right,
For you I only wanna do-do-do-do-do what's right!
I was hooked. From that point on I bought all of Duncan's albums. I love his soulful and bluesy take on Christian faith. He has a great voice and a realistic perspective about a life of faith, good and bad.
Check out his discography, you won't regret it!

No comments:
Post a Comment