I was recently challenged on Facebook to post the 10 albums that influenced my musical taste. The idea is that you are to post one album cover a day with no explanations, no reviews, just the cover. Of course, that's not really fair. How can you post an album cover without explaining why the music was so influential to you? Since I can't explain it on Facebook, I can explain it here, after all, it is MY blog!!!
So how is it that this album influenced my musical tastes?
This is easily my favorite praise and worship album. Sadly, in my many moves I lost track of the album. When I tried to find a copy on CD I could not find one. I did however find a used vinyl copy which I immediately purchased and then proceeded to listen to it several times. It is still THAT good.
The album is officially called, Exaltation: A Scripture Song Experience of Worship and Praise. And that it is! Arranged by Ronn Huff, it features Barry McGuire, Gary Bonner, Bob Bailey, Terry Blackwood, Cheryl Salem; and the Azusa Pacific University. Concert Choir. If you are in the mood and want to commune with God through his word and song. Play this!
Sadly, I have not been able to find a YouTube video of any of the songs from he album. I will continue to work on finding one.

No comments:
Post a Comment