Monday, February 11, 2013

Top Songs of 1978 - Part 4

In this series, I am looking at the top 100 songs from 1978. Songs 100-91 can be found here and songs 90-81 can be found here. Songs 80-71 are posted here. In this post we will be looking at songs 70-61.

#70 - What's Your Name - Lynryd Skynyrd
#69 - Summer Nights - John Travolta & Olivia Newton John
#68 - Hey Deanie - Shaun Cassidy
#67 - Baby Hold On - Eddie Money
#66 - Count on Me - Jefferson Starship
#65 - Reminiscing - Little River Band
#64 - Shame - Evelyn "Champagne" King
#63 - You Needed Me - Anne Murray
#62 - Peg - Steely Dan
#61 - Blue Bayou - Linda Ronstadt

What's Your Name - These guys know how to rock...and with a name like Lynyrd Skynyrd they better be good!


Summer Nights - I was forced to listen to this song while riding the bus to school every day, at some point, I started liking it.



Hey Deanie? - I don't remember this song and it PAINS me to post it!


Baby Hold On To Me. Eddie Money before he got old and creepy.


Count on Me - Jefferson Starship. At some point in the 70s, the airplane upgraded to a starship.


Reminiscing - Little River Band. "Friday night, It was late, I was walking you home We got down to the gate, And I was dreaming of the night. Would it turn out right?" What guy hasn't been in that situation?


Shame - Evelyn "Champagne" King - More disco...


You Needed Me - Anne Murray. Okayyyyy...


Peg - Steely Dan another great tune from the Aja album.


Blue Bayou - Linda Ronstadt - Have I mentioned that Linda used to be cute?

No comments: