In this post I present to you, songs 50-41. Like most of the songs in the top 100, this section brings an assortment of styles and genres. From the hard driving pop of Thunder Island to the Disco/Funk of The Groove Line. From the blues/folk of Slip Slidin' Away to the soft rock of Goodbye Girl. From the R & B of Used Ta Be My Girl to the novelty of Short People. This list has it all!
50. Thunder Island, Jay Ferguson
49. The Groove Line, Heatwave
48. Slip Slidin' Away, Paul Simon
47. Goodbye Girl, David Gates
46. Love Is In the Air, John Paul Young
45. An Everlasting Love, Andy Gibb
44. Love Will Find a Way, Pablo Cruise
43. Our Love, Natalie Cole
42. Use To Be My Girl, The O'Jays
41. Short People, Randy Newman
#50 - Thunder Island (Jay Ferguson) - Who wouldn't want to be stuck on Thunder Island?
#49 - The Groove Line (Heatwave) - I have to admit that I like this sound. It is very danceable and not strictly disco but really on the funkish side. And...if you watch the video, it's pretty cool to see everyone including the musicians dance together, in sync.
#48 - Slip Slidin' Away (Paul Simon) - Is there a bad Paul Simon song?
#47 - Goodbye Girl (David Gates) - Bread songs are a guilty pleasure for me. Everyone once in a while, when I'm in the mood, I put on a Best of Bread CD and listen away.
#46 - Love is in the Air (John Paul Young) - Meh. The dancing in the video is much more interesting to me.
#45 - An Everlasting Love (Andy Gibb) - You don't know how much it pains me to post this song on my blog.
#44 - Love Will Find A Way (Pablo Cruise) - Not a bad song. I liked their sound.
#43 - Our Love (Natalie Cole) - I am a sucker for good R & B, but this is not one of my favorite songs.
#42 - Used to Be My Girl (The O'Jays) - Now this is good R & B.
#41 - Short People (Randy Newman) - Randy Newman is 6'0'' tall (I googled it)...The song is ostensibly about the absurdity of prejudice.
There you have it, what do you think about this list?
No comments:
Post a Comment