40. Magnet and Steel, Walter Egan
39. Dust In the Wind, Kansas
38. The Closer I Get to You, Roberta Flack and Donny Hathaway
37. You're In My Heart, Rod Stewart
36. Hot Blooded, Foreigner
35. Hopelessly Devoted to You, Olivia Newton-John
34. Last Dance, Donna Summer
33. Sometimes When We Touch, Dan Hill
32. Take a Chance On Me, Abba
31. Jack and Jill, Raydio
40. Magnet and Steel, Walter Egan was one of the many "One Hit Wonders" from the 1970s. I really like this song though.
39. Dust In the Wind, Kansas is a very talented progressive rock band. Their Left-Overture album was one of the first I ever purchased. This song, however, is a bit of a downer and my least favorite of their hits.
38. The Closer I Get to You, Roberta Flack and Donny Hathaway. I think this is a beautiful song, maybe I am getting soft in my old age.
37. You're In My Heart, Rod Stewart - One of Rod's better songs.
36. Hot Blooded, Foreigner - Lou Graham has quite a voice.
35. Hopelessly Devoted to You, Olivia Newton-John - This is the second of four songs from the Grease soundtrack on the list.
34. Last Dance, Donna Summer - This girl could sing...the video quality is not very good, but it captures her in all of her talented beauty.
33. Sometimes When We Touch, Dan Hill - I think this song has some very profound lyrics...I remember Dave Brown, the Youth Pastor at my church invited Mr. Hilty, the football coach at West Valley to come speak to us and he played this song and talked to us about the lyrics...I thought it was a strange discussion at the time...but now, I understand better what he was trying to say.
You ask me if I love you,
and I choke on my reply.
I'd rather hurt you honestly,
Than mislead you with a lie.
32. Take a Chance On Me, ABBA - I like ABBA, so sue me. They are easy on the eyes.
31. Jack and Jill, Raydio - I didn't remember this song until I listened to it on youtube. The lyrics are really quite smart if you listen to them.
So what do you think of this list?
No comments:
Post a Comment