Friday, June 22, 2012

Friday Free For All

Good for him. I sure hope that someone from a reputable homeless service agency will come along side of him and help him manage the money wisely.

10 classic dying lines. My favorite: "Freeeeddddoooommmm!"

Just to be clear, the chihuahua is my daughter's!

Is the antivirus era over?

Once again science proves what I have been saying (and catching flak for)...women love the bad boys.

Pot, meet kettle.

What does breaking the sound barrier look like?

Someone has guestimated that the average single woman receives $14,000 in free food, movies, drinks and other forms of entertainment over the course of her life. Not a bad gig if you can get it!

The special interest state.

If Fox News did this to Obama, there would be howls of protest from the left.

Ummmm...thankfully, Crisco is not a female name.

A view from above.

This is an interesting post on how one indivudual has moved from atheism to Catholicism because of her inability to explain the origins of morality from the perspective of a naturalistic world view.

I’ve heard some explanations that try to bake morality into the natural world by reaching for evolutionary psychology. They argue that moral dispositions are evolutionarily triumphant over selfishness, or they talk about group selection, or something else. Usually, these proposed solutions radically misunderstand a) evolution b) moral philosophy or c) both. I didn’t think the answer was there.
She goes on to describe the moment of her "conversion" to Catholicism.

I believed that the Moral Law wasn’t just a Platonic truth, abstract and distant. It turns out I actually believed it was some kind of Person, as well as Truth. And there was one religion that seemed like the most promising way to reach back to that living Truth. I asked my friend what he suggest we do now, and we prayed the night office of the Liturgy of the Hours together (I’ve kept up with that since). Then I suggested hugs and playing Mumford and Sons really, really loudly.
I hope and pray that her journey will continue to lead her to the personification of the truth, i.e. Jesus Christ (John 14:6).

This is an interesting list of 10 things not to say to someone when they're ill. I thought the list was very good. One of the best things I ever learned as a Pastor is that people don't necessarily want to hear you talk when you visit them, they just appreciate that you are there. Sometimes the best thing you can say is nothing at all!

Why "stimulus" spending doesn't work. I have a great deal of experience with this subject being directly involved in the public sector and trust me, the "stimulus" didn't stimulate anything, except the growth in government.

If you can't find a job in the private sector, you can always go to work as a heckler for the Obama Campaign!

Favorite Star Trek quotes. My favorite, from Spock: "I have been, and always shall be, your friend." (Star Trek II)

The average lifetime spending by a husband-wife family on one child? $234,900! I've spent a million dollars on my four kids...AND counting!

This one is for my friend Doug. Recasting great TV shows using photoshop. Check out the A-Team.

Okay, I could relate to most of these.

And for my own personal enjoyment. Just sayin...


No comments: