Friday, June 29, 2012

Friday Free For All

The following links consist of articles/stories/videos that I found interesting during this last week. They are posted here for your consideration.

Should cursive writing be saved? The only time I use cursive anymore is when my signature is needed.

Five graduate degrees that don't pay off. Thankfully, Public Administration wasn't one of them!

A Post-It Desk?

That is one interesting fish story.

Can't get a song out of your head? You have Earworms.

CSI: Housing Bust. When it comes to the housing bubble bust there is plenty of blame to go around. The fault does not lie entirely with the government or the "predatory" lenders but also with some of those that took out the loans under unrealistic expectations or false pretenses.

How to get the economy growing again.

Economic freedom — the ability of individuals to control the fruits of their labor and pursue their dreams — is central to prosperity around the world. The Heritage Foundation and The Wall Street Journal measure economic freedom by studying its pillars: the rule of law, limited government, regulatory efficiency, and open markets. Things like property rights, freedom from corruption, government spending, free trade, labor policies, and one’s ability to invest in and create businesses all factor in to a country’s economic freedom. Sadly, too many people take their economic freedom for granted then, when it is gone, they wonder what happened.

Lorenzo Romar, the Basketball coach at the University of Washington is one of the most under-rated college coaches in the country. This Sporting News article is very good.

Maybe this explains my "attraction" to Facebook?

Not having any luck with online dating? You may want to try a...Pheromone Party? Hmmm...I may have to try one...click here to find a Pheromone Party close to you! Hat Tip: Elaine

A lesson on outsourcing. Pot, meet kettle.

This Abraham Lincoln quote expresses my concern about where this country is headed.



“Now, I ask you in all soberness if all these things, if indulged in, if ratified, if confirmed and endorsed, if taught to our children, and repeated to them, do not tend to rub out the sentiment of liberty in the country, and to transform this government into a government of some other form.”


I am constantly amazed (and dismayed) at how easily we give up our freedoms in order to get another freeby from the government!

Above all else, national healthcare is antithetical to freedom. If you want the government to continue to control your life, then go ahead and sign up.



The hidden cost of national healthcare.

How Pinterest can ruin your wedding planning. Personally, I don't get Pinterest...maybe it's just a female thing...

Do not click on this link if you are squeamish about s-e-x (I spelled it out so some of you won't have to say the word). However, the whole thing is absurd. Not because Christians shouldn't talk about and enjoy s-e-x, but because we need to have "Christian" s-e-x toy shops.  I did a spit-take when I watched the end of the video found at the linked article (Hooking-up Holy?). Evidently, there is a whole genre of "Christian" erotica on the internet.

No comments: